Two changes for Rovers today, saw May and Middleton in for Houghton (injured) and Williams.

ROVERS XI: Lawlor; Blair, Alcock, Butler, Mason; Middleton, Grant, Rowe, Coppinger; May and Marquis.

ROVERS BENCH: Etheridge, Baudry, Evina, Longbottom, Keegan, Williams, McSheffrey.

ACCRINGTON XI: Rodak, Boco, Pearson, Hughes, Rodgers, Clark, Brow, Conneely, Clare, McCartan and Kee.

ACCRINGTON BENCH: Davies, Gornell, Husin, Shaw, Chapman, Edwards, Sykes.

It was a miserable start for Rovers as they went one goal down within 4 minutes of kick off, due to Conor Grant not being able to keep possession of the ball, but made even more worse by Butler not marking his man, which allowed McCartan to give Accrington the early advantage.

Rovers then responded in their typical fashion with Tommy Rowe who managed to get onto the end of Matty Blair’s pass into the box and fired towards goal for it to go straight to Stanley’s keeper, but then Rowe buried the rebound.

John Marquis then gave Rovers the the lead with a cracking strike from the edge of box, which he then celebrated in front of the black bank.

Now, you’d think 2-1 up that Rovers would be able to keep the three points? Well you’d be mistaken, because Rovers had a game-changing chance with Tommy Rowe, which saw him 1 on 1 with Rodak, but he missed and sent his shot just wide.

Accrington then capitalized on Rovers not being able to take their chances with a late goal from Stanley’s subite, Edwards, which came from a free kick awarded by Robert Lewis, who you’re about to read about.

Robert Lewis, is added to the list of poor refereeing performances today, because there was two penalty shouts for Rovers with one being where Tommy Rowe was fouled in the box, when he was about to cross, which saw him subsequently booked for ‘diving’.

In fairness, however, I do think that Accrington should’ve also had two penalties too, so at least the referee was some what consistent.

Conor Grant took some knocks during the game, but seemed to be okay come full time, and Andy Butler cramped up towards the end of the game, but he is thought to be okay too.

All in all, disappointing day at the office for Rovers, who now haven’t won in five, but on the contrary they still haven’t lost a game at home this season!

Next up, a Tuesday night trip to Cambridge United.

My Man of the Match: Tommy Rowe